HE Plus is a collaborative project between the University of Cambridge and its colleges, working with state schools and colleges across the UK. The Worcestershire consortium has 9 participating schools and colleges and Worcester Sixth Form College is the hub institution and our link college is Christ’s College, Cambridge. The HE Plus programme enables the most able students to participate in a programme of academic extension classes, subject masterclasses, information and guidance sessions.
The programme runs from January-June and includes the following:
- Subject based lectures and extension sessions offered on a full range of subject areas by lecturers at Cambridge University, by staff working within the consortium schools and colleges and by some external speakers
- Advice sessions run by Cambridge University staff covering a range of topics, such as how to improve your study skills, how to make the most of lectures and how to make a strong university application
- Academic poster project: “Academic posters” are an increasingly used feature of degree courses; you will be shown how to research and produce your own academic poster and be invited to submit your poster to a prize winning competition
- A limited number of spaces for an overnight trip to Christ’s College Cambridge during the Spring Term for masterclasses and tours
- Applications from College will be sent to the HE Plusorganisers at the Cambridge University Admissions Office. You will know near the start of November if you have been allocated a place
Eligible students will be invited to join this programme, and must apply by end of September/early October.