WSFC launch Peer Mentor Scheme 2016
EXAMINATION RESULTS: SUMMER 2016
- The College's A Level pass rate of 99.2% (grades A*-E) continues to be significantly higher than the national average (98.1%). This is the fourteenth year running that it has been above 99%.
Of Worcester Sixth Form College's 600 A Level candidates this year:
- 595 (99.2%) gained at least one A Level;
- 84 (14.0%) gained 3 B grades or better;
- 22 students gained 3 A grades or better;
- 57 A* grades were achieved by 40 students;
- 42 subjects out of the 48 taken (87.5%) had a 100% pass rate.
Worcester Sixth Form College is the largest sixth form in Worcestershire (state or independent). These excellent results, achieved across entries in 48 subjects, are significantly above the national average, despite the fact that the College operates a truly comprehensive admissions policy, including a number of students who have not been allowed to enter local school sixth forms or have not succeeded in local independent schools.
Principal, Michael Kitcatt, said: "I am delighted with the excellent results that our students have achieved again this year. This is the fourteenth consecutive year that our A Level pass rate has been above national average and this is a tribute to the hard work of our students and the dedication and expertise of our staff."