Equality of Opportunity
We are proud to be an inclusive organisation where individual differences are accepted and valued and where everyone is able to fulfil their potential in a welcoming, safe and non-threatening environment. Worcester Sixth Form College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion for students, employers, community groups, staff, governors, members of the public and for others who come into contact with the College.
We are committed to:
- eliminating discrimination.
- advancing equality of opportunity – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- consulting and involving those affected by inequality, in the decisions our college takes to promote equality and eliminate discrimination.
As a College we comply with the public sector equality duty
Our Equality Objectives
We are committed to fostering good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it through:
- Raising awareness of LGBT+ and how to support students;
- Raising awareness of tackling bias;
- Developing a greater understanding of faiths within the College and the student community.