About Student Services
Student Services is the College’s ‘one stop shop’ for a wide range of enquiries and support services.
Our friendly and enthusiastic team aim to support students to be ‘the best version of themselves’ by providing high quality services in the following areas: Careers, Advice & Guidance, Work Experience & Volunteering, Travel and Financial Assistance, and Student Counselling and Well-Being.
Some of our Strengths:
- Qualified Careers Advisers delivering Information, Advice and Guidance available daily
- Strong links with Universities, Employers and Welfare Agencies
- Offer a Careers Programme in line with the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Dedicated Work Experience support available for all students
- Qualified Counsellors working within BACP ethical framework
Snapshot of Recent Statistics:
- 498 students applied to university last year
- 99% of our university applicants received an offer
- 87% accepted offers (placed at university) compared to 74% nationally
- Students accepted places at 87 universities across the country studying 249 different courses.
The Baker Clause is an amendment to the Technical and Further Education Act, which requires schools to proactively provide access to their students to alternative providers of technical and post 14, 16 and 18 education.
It requires that all schools ensures that all students have access to hear what the following providers offer:
- At 14: studio schools, university technical colleges, further education colleges, in relation to any opportunities for 14 year old enrolment;
- At 16: apprenticeship providers, further education colleges, sixth form colleges, work-based training providers;
- At 18: apprenticeship providers, higher education providers.
Worcester Sixth Form College fully adheres to all aspects of the Baker Clause.
Feedback and Contacts
If you would you like to provide any feedback about our careers programme or if you are an employer who would like to work with us, please contact Student Services on 01905 362635.