Learning Support Assistant (Level 2)
Due to promotion within the department, the College is seeking a permanent caring and committed Learning Support Assistant, at Level 2, with the ability to assist in developing the College’s Independent Study programme and support students on a one-to-one basis. Applicants will need to be qualified to Level 3 (A Level or equivalent), with the ability to support students at this level. The post is term-time only.
The main purpose of the post is to support students within their timetabled Independent Study sessions. These take place within a classroom environment and are also based within the Learning Resources Centre. There will be a requirement to undertake administrative tasks relating to student retention and achievement eg. taking registers and following up any poor or non-attendance. The other part of the role involves supporting students on a one-to-one basis predominately to assist with study skills to support their individual learning needs.
Please note, the deadline for applications is noon on Monday, 11th December 2023 and interviews will take place during w/c 18th December 2023.
For further details and how to apply, please click here.
About Our College
At Worcester Sixth Form College, we are specialists in the education of 16-19 year olds and our staff are experts in meeting the needs of this age group. Every year we admit 900 or so students from the whole county of Worcestershire and from surrounding areas. This enables us to offer an exceptionally wide range of courses and flexible programmes in which any course can be combined with virtually any other course. Our students are highly successful, not just academically, but in many other kinds of endeavour, including sports, performing arts, music, Duke of Edinburgh, charity fund raising and a wide variety of other extra-curricular areas.
We, as a College, are committed to providing the very best support to all of our students so that they can reach their full potential. Every student is in a tutor group supported by a specialist personal tutor. We also have huge expertise in providing careers and higher education guidance tailored to individuals’ needs. This means students’ progression after College is as smooth as possible. The percentage of our students applying to UCAS who are successful in obtaining university places is very significantly above the national average. Our learning support provision has an excellent reputation as we are fully qualified to support students with a broad range of learning needs to ensure that they are successful.
As a 16-19 Academy, we offer a very special environment with the right balance of support and challenge to enable students to thrive and to prepare for their transition to life after College, whether that be employment or further study.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including two satisfactory references and a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We are proud to be an inclusive organisation where individual differences are accepted and valued and where everyone is able to fulfil their potential in a welcoming, safe and non threatening environment. Worcester Sixth Form College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion for students, employers, community groups, staff, governors, members of the public and for others who come into contact with the College.
The College is an equal opportunities employer and staff, students, volunteers and workers are expected to respect the principles of open access and opportunity for all regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Applications from members of the ethnic minorities would be particularly welcome as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
Why Join Us?
The staff at Worcester Sixth Form College are able to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Staff development: Staff are encouraged to further their own development with fully or partially funded CPD.
- Fantastic support for Early Career Teachers (ECTs).
- Teachers’ Pension/Local Government Pension Schemes: With significant contributions from the College for all staff who are members.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): A free and confidential information, support and counselling service for all staff.
- Eye care vouchers: Reimbursement of eye care costs and contribution to corrective lenses available for DSE users.
- Free parking on-site.
- Cycle to Work with Cyclescheme: Save money on a new bike and spread the cost.
- Sports sessions each week: All staff are welcome to take part in these activities.
- Complimentary Costa Coffee at the end of every half-term.
- Fruity Friday: Free piece of fresh fruit for all staff every Friday.
- Learning Resources Centre: Staff have full use of the Learning Resources Centre and are able to borrow up to 12 resources (books, DVDs, audio CDs) at one time.
- Membership to CSSC offering sports, leisure, health and retail opportunities www.cssc.co.uk/member- benefits.
- Silver Membership to Malvern Theatre: Free theatre and cinema tickets, discounted tickets and priority booking available amongst other benefits.
- Thursday Morning Breakfast Club: Start your working day with a light breakfast (provided by College) and chat with colleagues.