Boost your career potential
Professional Programmes at the College are an exciting opportunity to take part in flexible package of studies that are in addition to your A Level or Applied studies and that will help you to prepare for your application to specific courses and careers.
Each programme will be followed for one lesson per week for a set number of weeks and we will tailor the programme to meet your needs as far as possible. The Professional Programmes are specific career sessions.
For 2023, programmes may be offered for entry into the following professions:
- Medical - doctors, veterinary scientists, dentists
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Paramedic Science
- Law - solicitors, barristers
All students who follow a Professional Programme will benefit from:
- Specific career information and guidance
- Programme of speakers and activities
- Visits/taster days to universities or employers (signposting or organised visits)
It may be possible for some students to benefit from work experience and/or volunteering opportunities.
Opportunities to develop skills
You will be timetabled for at least one session per week. This includes opportunities to
develop the skills to:
- Research career opportunities
- Compare the structure of different courses
- Produce an impressive personal statement
- Manage the application process
- Perform effectively at interview where appropriate
You will be helped to prepare for the variety of additional tests that are used to select between able candidates in some of these increasingly competitive fields, e.g. the UKCAT Clinical Aptitude Test or Skills Tests for teaching.
For further information regarding Professional Programmes contact Student Services Tel: 01905 362600 ext 635