The College is proud to be working with Inspiring Worcestershire to pilot a new scheme focussing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths). The Worcestershire Skills Partnership is a partnership of Worcestershire businesses, the local authority, Local Enterprise Partnership, together with Worcester Sixth Form College and Heart of Worcestershire College, which has been established to develop new STEM opportunities in the local area. The Junior Internship Programme is the first initiative being piloted by the partnership.
The Junior Internship Programme is available to the College’s students and offers an exciting programme of activity for interns including:
- A tour of your sponsor organisation
- Work experience of a minimum of two weeks per year (in one-week blocks)
- 1 hour per month mentoring for 2 years from the sponsor organisation’s senior management team
- The completion of a subject-related project each year
- An Extended Project Qualification as a result of your project and work experience with your Industry Sponsor.
Being part of the Junior Internship Programme will expose you to some of Worcestershire’s leading STEM organisations such as Worcester Bosch Group,
Malvern Panalytical, Morgan Motors, Southco, and Mazak. You will gain real working insights into careers in the local and surrounding areas and support in understanding how to access jobs in these organisations.