This academic year we are delighted to launch a Junior Internship Programme. We are working with the Worcestershire Skills Partnership to pilot a new scheme focussing on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and maths).
The Worcestershire Skills Partnership is a partnership of Worcestershire businesses, the local authority, Local Enterprise Partnership, together with Worcester Sixth Form College and Heart of Worcestershire College, which has been established to develop new STEM opportunities in the local area. The Junior Internship Programme is the first initiative being piloted by the partnership.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
- A tour of your sponsor organisation
- Work experience of a minimum of two weeks per year (in one-week blocks)
- 1 hour per month mentoring for 2 years from the sponsor organisation’s senior management team
- The completion of a subject-related project each year
- An Extended Project Qualification as a result of your project and work experience with your Industry Sponsor.
Being part of the Junior Internship Programme will expose you to some of Worcestershire’s leading STEM organisations.