In January, Worcester Sixth Form College was visited by a team of inspectors from Ofsted who determined that the College continues to be a Good provider.
Inspectors found that students are ambitious, committed to their learning and motivated to achieve. They also commented that:
- Students are supported to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours they require to be successful;
- They treat each other with mutual respect and appreciate the importance of equality and diversity;
- Teachers are experts in their subject fields, create environments that allow students to focus on learning and develop detailed knowledge enabling them to be successful;
- The College provides appropriate careers support to enable successful progression;
- The arrangements for safeguarding are effective, students feel safe, know how to report concerns and have an awareness of contemporary issues.
Ed Senior, Principal, said: “I am particularly proud that the inspectors got to experience the positive behaviour of our students first hand, acknowledged the strength of teaching and learning and how this successfully prepares our students for their progression. I am really pleased that the College retained a positive rating from Ofsted at a time when it is even harder to do so.
As ever, there are areas where we can do more and where we were already focusing our efforts for further improvement. We will continue to strive to ensure that our students have the best experience during their time at College, that they achieve academic success and secure aspirational progression aims whether this is a degree, an apprenticeship or employment.”