Why Choose Drama and Theatre Studies?
This course offers a practical exploration of all aspects of theatre. You will study play texts; participate in performances; create and perform new work.
Rehearsal time outside of lessons. Visits to live theatre
Many students go on to study Drama and Theatre at degree level either as single honours or in combination with another subject. Other progression routes are careers in Public Relations, Personnel or any public facing career. Drama and Theatre Studies teaches you many of the skills employers are looking for such as independence, communication and team-working.
Resources and Facilities
- Most lessons take place in the College Drama Studio
- Public performances of your work take place in the well-equipped College Theatre or in the College Drama Studio
- Excellent lighting, sound and projection facilities
- Video and sound recording equipment
- Workshops with visiting professionals
- Close links with the University of Worcester
There are a wide range of trips and workshops for you to take part in including visits to RSC, London and professional theatre companies nationwide
- As part of your course you will take part in a public performance of an extract of a published play
- The Performing Arts Academy puts on two public productions a year including a large scale musical and an end of year showcase
Teaching and Learning Styles
Much of the work is a practical exploration of ideas and theories as well as performances.
Through coursework, performances and written examinations.
Course Specifics / Entry Requirements
|Qualification Name||Maths GCSE Req.||English GCSE Req.||Other Req.||Desirable Qualifications||Skills & Attributes Required for Success||Guidance on Costs or Commitments|
|Drama and Theatre Studies||4||GCSE English Literature at grade 4 or above and GCSE Drama at grade 5 or above where these subjects have been studied.||Commitment to rehearsal and good attendance.||Three essential production visits plus other optional visits/ workshops approx. £45. Participation in timetabled rehearsals and on Thursday afternoons.|